The intent of the HUB Program is to educate contractors, subcontractors and vendors on how to conduct business with the university, as well as to provide support and encourage participation. Some of our goals are include:
- Increasing participation & number of contracts awarded to HUBs
- Recruiting new HUB contractors
- Developing community partnerships to maximize HUB opportunities
- Reviewing and evaluating Competitive Proposals containing HUB Subcontracting Plans to ensure compliance
- Ensuring compliance with State regulations and UT System policies
- Educating the University & Business Community
As a supplier, there are many steps you can take to improve the likelihood of doing business with UT Health San Antonio:
- Become HUB Certified by registering as a Texas Vendor through the State of Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Familiarize yourself with commodity codes listed in the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) Commodity Book.
- Win a cooperative purchasing agreement such as those provided through Texas State wide Contracts.
- Do your homework – Visit www.uthscsa.edu and learn all you can to understand the university and its mission.
- Develop a company capabilities statement or case statement to accurately reflect your core business, strengths and achievements.
- Monitor the current competitive bid listings that are posted at Competitive Bids.
- Attend the pre-bid conference to learn more about the project, meet key team members and build relationships with potential partners.
- Respond quickly to bid requests and provide your best prices.
- Eliminate any possible obstacles that might prevent you from doing business with us (i.e.vendor holds, tax issues, expired HUB status, etc.).
- Participate in outreach events that bring procurement specialists to you.Visit http://portal.cpa.state.tx.us/hub/eof/ for the calendar of events.
- Go to HUB Reports andl earn about your competition.
- Get involved with minority trade organizations and chambers of commerce and attend networking events to increase your company’s exposure and partnering opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
UT Health San Antonio
Assistant Vice President of Supply Chain Management
Senior Director of Supply Chain Management & HUB Coordinator
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
Mail Code 7973
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900