Our HUB Program is administered through the Purchasing Department where we ensure that qualified, certified HUB suppliers are considered and utilized in the procurement of goods and services.
The goal of the HUB Program is to increase the number of contracts awarded to HUBs and educate the University and business community about the benefits of using HUB suppliers. We are responsible for:
- ensuring compliance with State of Texas HUB legislation
- ensuring full implementation with UT System policies
- ensuring the University’s good faith effort to include HUB businesses in its procurement efforts
- expanding business opportunities available to minority, woman and service disabled veteran-owned businesses
- evaluating and determining HUB Subcontracting opportunities
assisting HUBs in the competitive bid process
- increasing the number of contracts awarded to HUBs
assisting businesses with obtaining State HUB certification
- educating HUBs about UT Health San Antonio purchasing policies and procedures
improving community awareness of HUB participation through education and outreach programs
- encouraging full participation for HUBs to compete in all phases of procurement activities
HUB Procurement Goals
The State of Texas has established six specific procurement categories of business with designated HUB goals. Each State agency and institution of higher education establishes adjusted HUB goals based on actual spending in rolling five-year averages for each category. The HUB goals outlined below are not mandatory but as an institution, we strive to achieve them.
*The Adjusted HUB Goals is what the UT Health San Antonio strives to meet in lieu of the State’s HUB Goals. They are not in addition to.
|Category||State HUB Goals||FY22 UT Health SA Adjusted HUB Goals|